Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wells reading (reversed with Chion cause I can't read)

I really like how Wells laid out and broke up his theories of animation. To me its really strange because I never really considered things like Disney "orthodox" (even though I know he means orthodox in the sense that the animation is very traditional and expected). His chart between orthodox and experimental animation and how his seven elements can be applied to either was particularly interesting to me. Just seeing that on paper was very liberating. I've seen several types and styles of animation in my life and even different ways and methods of how they were presented, but I never really considered how they were different or how they played out simply beyond their aesthetics. I really see now after reading this (and doing the project in class) how much of an impact the look and style of different animation and methods can have on just the meaning and impact of a film, which I find really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment