Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yes Men Responce

I really like the idea of the Yes Men. They really took advantage of a tool and an art that wasn't fully understood or realized yet (like the Internet). They came along at the right time and, to some extent at least, understood some its power. I always like projects like this that challenge means and conventions. Its almost if you combined an experiment with art and performance. I also liked that it didn't have a real practical or way to show or display to the masses. Yes it was videotaped, but really, in the moment, it was meant for those few dozen people at the meetings. I just like the idea of sending out those small messages even if virtually no one sees it. As a movie though, it felt a little clunky and the editing seemed very strange at times. I think their journey could have been presented and told a lot better. It really makes me think what they do now since people are much more aware and cautions of things on the Internet. Certainly this kind of mistake would not be made today, especially with an organization such as the WTO. I would be curious to look them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment